Through the Prevention Collaborative’s Accompaniment Programme, we support organisations that are seeking to strengthen and expand their programming to prevent violence against women and children.
What do we offer?
- Dialogue and engagement through in-person and virtual collaboration;
- Engagement with the Collaborative’s Stewardship Committee and management team made up of VAW/C global experts;
- Participation in a Learning Community that features webinars, cross project learning exchanges and thematic dialogues. We create opportunities to both lead learning and listen to others;
- Access to the Prevention Collaborative’s curated Knowledge Platform, which features high quality resources on prevention of VAW/C;
- The opportunity to work with a community of individuals passionate about and skilled in working to prevent VAW/C while embodying feminist principles and ways of working.
Our learning partnerships are long-term engagements between the Prevention Collaborative and organisations of a least 12-18 months. This is based on our collective experience that a longer-term, participatory approach is the best way to support organisations to strengthen their prevention programming.
We also offer shorter-term advice where we feel we can make a significant contribution to the broader field. For example, we can contribute to the development of approaches and tools to strengthen prevention programming; we can support the dissemination and utilisation of research, and we can provide strategic training and mentoring on violence prevention.
Our Mentors have a wide variety of skills and expertise in research, programming and advocacy to prevent VAW and VAC. All Mentors have completed our comprehensive training course, and they have previously designed, implemented and evaluated violence prevention programmes in low and middle-income countries.