Prevention Foundations Brief 3: Evidence-Based Programmes to Prevent Violence Against Women
This Prevention Collaborative brief aims to inform practitioners about programming approaches which have been shown to be effective in preventing violence against women (VAW) in different regions globally.
- Economic and social empowerment
- Economic transfers
- Couples programmes
- Gender aware parenting programmes
- Group-based programmes
- Community mobilisation
- Social Marketing / edutainment (+ group education)
- Addressing substance abuse
- Self-defence interventions
It is one of a series of briefs designed to support practitioners to develop prevention programmes and initiatives to prevent VAW using a feminist-inspired approach:
- Brief 1: What is prevention of violence against women?
- Brief 2: Understanding the causes of violence against women
- Brief 3: Violence against women prevention programmes